NATIONAL RULES FOR APPROVED PREMISES
I understand that I can live in the Approved Premises for a short time only. I will not be able to live there permanently and I will live there as a resident – but not as a tenant.
I agree to share any relevant information with the Approved Premises staff, the Benefits Agency and the GP Practice.
I agree to being photographed so that I can be identified when I arrive at the Approved Premises and as and when necessary after that.
I understand that staff will tell the police about any offence committed by, or suspected of being committed by, residents of the Premises, regardless of whether the offence was committed in the building, in the grounds or somewhere else.
I understand that while I live in an Approved Premises, these Rules come first, and before my Community Compact.
As a resident of Adelaide House Approved Premises, you must:
1. Be in the building during the standard hours of curfew, which are 11pm to 6am; comply with any additional curfew and other conditions imposed by the court or contained in your licence; and comply with any additional curfew hours, imposed by the Approved premises manager and / or your Offender manager, which they consider to be necessary in your case.
2. Pay rent and other maintenance charges as instructed by staff and notified to you in writing.
3. Undergo drug and / or alcohol testing if required to do so by staff.
4. Give all prescribed medication to staff if required to do so, and take medication as prescribed by your doctor.
5. See a medical practitioner, health professional or psychiatric worker if reasonably required to do so by staff.
6. Participate in the hostel programme as instructed, including meetings, key working sessions, group work and any other activities specified in your sentence / supervision plan.
7. Allow staff to search your room, personal room safe and personal property at any time without interference.
8. Pay attention to your personal hygiene and keep your room clean and tidy for health and safety reasons.
9. Not smoke on the premises.
10. Not bring onto the premises (including the grounds), or have in your posession, any weapons, dangerous items, alcohol, solvents, illegal drugs or drug paraphernalia.
11. Not steal, attempt to steal or damage anything that belongs to Adelaide House Approved Premises, staff, contractors, visitors or other residents.
12. Not behave in a violent, threatening, disruptive, racist, sexist or other discriminatory way which could cause offence to staff, other residents, the local community or members of the general public.
13. Not bring anyone under the age of 18 onto the premises (including the grounds) at any time.
14. Not bring visitors aged 18 or over onto the Premises (including the grounds) without the permission of staff, ensure that your visitors remain in communal areas of the hostel at all times and that they leave by the time standard curfew begins, or earlier if required by staff.
15. Not bring onto the premises, without the prior written permission of staff, DVD or video recorders / players, combined TV with DVD / Video player, personal computers or laptops, cameras or other or photographic equiptment, games consoles with DVD readability or mobile phones with cameras or internet access.
16. Not act in a manner that is inconsistent with the aims and objectives of the Approved premises; that may bring the Approved premises, its staff or residents into disrepute; that may reasonably be regarded as a nuisance to the local neighbourhood; or that may jeopardise the health and safety of staff, other residents or members of the general public.
17. Comply with any reasonable instruction given to you by staff, which may include the requirement to undertake routine domestic chores.
I have read (or had read to me) these rules. I understand and agree to abide by them. I am aware that if I fail to comply with any of the Rules, consideration will be given to immediate enforcement action, which might result in recall to prison, return to court or withdrawal of my place at the Approved premises.
I understand that my residence in the Approved premises is temporary, and that I will not acquire any rights of tenancy.
I understand that staff will report to the police any offences committed by, or suspected of being committed by, residents of the Approved premises, regardless of whether they were committed on the premises.